OSEA2014 and OGmTech2014 Provide Point of Entry to Asia’s Oil & Gas Arena
Singapore, 5 December 2014 – More than 28,600 attendees from 65 countries and regions came to the event from Tuesday 2 December to Friday 5 December, leaving no doubt that major oil and gas players, service providers, and industry experts from across the globe view OSEA2014 and OGmTech2014 as the point of entry to Asia’s oil and gas arena.
Being the largest and most relevant international industry event for Asia’s oil and gas community, companies choose OSEA and OGmTech as their launch platform, to make important announcements, and above all, be well-placed to tap into the vast Oil & Gas network available.
OSEA2014 and OGmTech2014 featured a smorgasbord of some of the best technologies and solutions covering engineering, instrumentation and control, rig-building and oilfields, exploration and offshore installation sectors, and specialised precision engineering capabilities. Attendees were spoilt for choice as they traversed the exhibition halls in search of equipment and services that bring higher productivity, lower overall expenditure, and most importantly, increase output.
“We are pleased to observe high levels of excitement across the event: on the exhibition floors, hospitality suites, and at the conference. Representatives from major industry players and SMEs had a productive time, be it from sourcing for the right equipment or services, networking with regular and new business leads, or picking up fresh and varied perspectives from industry’s movers and shakers,” said Mr. Chua Buck Cheng, Project Director for Engineering Events from OSEA organiser, Singapore Exhibition Services.
- DCNS Singapore showcased its Class II Observation ROV that can be used in both shallow water and deep water up to 1,000 metres for underwater surveys of platforms, vessels, pipelines and others
- Kwong Soon Group featured the full range of equipment, services and solutions offered by its subsidiaries and associate companies, from turnkey solutions for HVAC/R requirements to provision of Engineering Design (EDD), equipment supply, project management, installation, testing and commissioning services
- Hwacheon introduced a line of large turning centres specifically for machining large oilfield components at OGmTech2014. This Big Bore (BB) machine offers best-of-class spindle torque to permit productive cutting in tough material up to 914.4 mm diameter and more than 5,487 mm in length
- Hydratight launched its next generation Hot Bolting Clamps and service offerings at OSEA2014. These products are lightweight and features innovative design and unrivalled operability on pressurised pipelines
- Siemens highlighted its process control systems and technology, industrial communication and software solutions and future-oriented technologies to enable companies to enhance productivity and efficiency by “Making Things Right”. The company also gave a series of workshops at the event
- ISE International and Hernon Manufacturing Inc. signed a MOU at the US Pavilion to set up a Repacking Factory in Singapore, and exclusively distribute Hernon’s products across ASEAN
- KTL Offshore announced at its booth the opening of a new Malaysian facility which will be operational in the first quarter of 2015. It will operate a 3,000MT test bed (DNV calibrated), heavy lift manufacturing and laydown area, grommet and general sling production area and machinery, wire rope reel storage and a covered warehouse facility
“This year, our objective for participating at OSEA was to promote the strong capabilities of the Kwong Soon Group, its subsidiaries and associate companies. We are very pleased with our location at the event, as well as with the quality of visitors we got to meet. OSEA has yet again brought us new business leads, and that alone seals our decision to participate again when the event returns in 2016,” said Mr. George Ching, Executive Director, Kwong Soon Engineering, Singapore, OSEA exhibitor.
“OSEA is the ideal gathering point for the offshore industry. We received a lot of interest for our integral portfolio for integrated drives systems, industrial electrification, automation and digitalisation solutions. The customer engagement and inquiries we received exceeded our expectations. And we are very pleased with the outcome,” commented Mr. Christian Darmali, Mechanical Drives General Manager ASEAN, Process Industries and Drives Division, Siemens, OSEA exhibitor.
OGmTech exhibitor Hwacheon Machine Tool‘s Vice President, Mr. Klaus Ludwig commented on the company’s participation: “The oil and gas industry has become an increasingly important market for us over the past decade. We are here to showcase our products and machines that are well suited for the tough environment of oil and gas activities. We also want to network with existing clients as well as establish contact with new customers, and this (OSEA) has worked out very well for us.”
“Smartec is a precision engineering company, we build oil tools for customers in the oil and gas industry. I am at OSEA to look for business opportunities, at the same time there are a number of products that are relevant to my trade and my purchasing department can use OSEA to source for products as well as gain new contacts. OSEA is at the right place, held at the right time, and attracts the right people, whether you want to buy or sell, everything is here. I’ve seen a lot of new products and new technologies that I have not come across in Singapore. It is a great place for me to explore innovation to help reengineer what we currently do,” said visitor Mr. Christopher Tan, Managing Director, Smartec, Singapore.
“I regard OSEA as the BEST show in the region. I can see many global suppliers, and also a comprehensive range of products and services at a single platform. While I am here to source for suppliers of pipelines services and drilling equipment, I also got the opportunity to network with many new and existing customers and business partners,” said visitor Mr. Sittichai Talapnak, Chief Executive Officer of Plus Exploration Co., Thailand.
The OSEA2014 International Conference concluded with more than 80 speakers delivering insights across 12 tracks including three technical sessions and two workshops. Industry thought-leaders engaged delegates with topics covering the future outlook for oil and gas supply and exploration, resource management through oilfield recovery, as well as latest developments and technologies in unconventional and deepwater environments, industrial automation, digital oil fields, and LNG among many others.
Industry veteran and keynote speaker, John Westwood, Group Chairman of Douglas-Westwood delivered a strong message to the industry during his keynote, urging them to continue drilling to cope with the world’s demand for oil and gas. “OSEA gets more impressive each time. This week has been a great opportunity to share views with industry leaders from across the world,” he remarked.
Mr. Dan Eberhart, CEO of Canary, Joint Keynote speaker, added: “The OSEA exhibition and conference provides Asia’s best access to oilfield technical expertise and a wide range of vendors to help any business challenge no matter the size. In a fast evolving market, it is important to keep up with current issues and the latest technologies; OSEA2014 was a great success.”
Mr. Alexander Gladkov, Director of the Department of Production and Distribution of Oil and Gas, Russia’s Ministry of Energy, offered a government perspective at the Conference. He revealed Russia’s targets to secure its long term energy future by exploration in areas such as East Siberia, the Caspian Sea, Russia’s Far East and the Arctic offshore.
Conference delegate Mr. Hizrian Raz, CEO of Grupara Energy, India, said, “The sessions on the LNG topics gave me a clear view of the different dynamics at play in Asia’s LNG markets, as well as new business opportunities in the region.”; whilst Mr. Matteo Ambrasio, Upstream R&D from ENI, Italy commented that the “session was interesting – gave an overview on actual FLNG market and opportunities into future projects.”
OSEA and OGmTech will return to Marina Bay Sands, Singapore in 2016 from 29 November to 2 December. For the first time in 2016, Subsea Asia will be held alongside OSEA
View OSEA2014 & OGmTech2014 in pictures here.